St Gregory’s Church, Sudbury, Suffolk, United Kingdom
St Gregory’s is an Anglican Church (Church of England) serving most of the town of Sudbury, Suffolk in the United Kingdom. St Gregory’s has been in Sudbury for many centuries and continues to be a focus for the local community and is seen by many as the "Mother Church" of Sudbury. St Gregory’s aims to provide for the spiritual needs of the town and wants all who come, whether just as visitors to the building, or to join in with the worship, to feel a warm welcome.
Offering a range of Christian worship on weekdays and Sundays which is both welcoming and inclusive. St Gregory's continues to serve the local community through baptisms, weddings and funerals, and as a venue for Civic and other services, and as a church building that is open daily and provides a peaceful space for visits and for prayer and reflection.
The church is open each day from 9.00am-5.00pm
Do call in if you are in Sudbury. - It is your church.
If you come on a Friday morning we offer coffee and biscuits following our service at 10.00am.
The Revd. Canon Cheryl Collins, would be pleased to hear from you with any queries you might have.
ST GREGORY’S CHURCH SUDBURY
Music for Summer Evenings
Concert Date 5 August 2017
Free admission with donations gratefully received for the
THE ORGAN RESTORATION FUND
we are really hoping that everyone will give as generously as last year
and thoroughly enjoy these very special occasions.
This year we at St.Greg’s are twinning our toilets - Why is this a good thing to do?
This means we are donating £60 per toilet to twin our toilets at home with a single household latrine in an impoverished community.
• 2.4 billion people in our world still don’t have a loo. Apart from the obvious this means that
• Every minute a child under five dies because of dirty water and poor sanitation.
• Half of the young girls in Africa who drop out of school do so because they need to collect water or because the school hasn’t got a basic toilet.
• Women and girls are vulnerable to attack when they seek privacy to answer the call of nature
• For every £1 spent on water and sanitation programmes, £8 is returned through reduced health costs and increased productivity.
So, individuals in our congregation are twinning their toilets - see the list at the back of church to find out the places we’ve twinned with already. Twin yours by contacting www.toilettwinning.org or phoning 03003 213217
Pilgrimage to Ely
This is planned for 14th October 2017. More details to follow.